Applications for a Travelling Fellowship are welcomed by the society to support visits for research, study or teaching. The guidelines for these fellowships are as follows:
- There is an annual budget of £5000 (from January 2013) allocated towards paying for travel, accommodation and subsistence. Of this a maximum of £2500 will be awarded per applicant.
- Those applying must have been members of the society for at least 1 year.
- The purpose of the visit should be to either gain or impart skills, knowledge or experience in neuroanaesthesia or neurointensive care within the UK or overseas. The award may not be used solely to attend a meeting, nor may it be used to support anyone other than the applicant.
- In considering the award, the Society will be looking for the potential that practice will change as a result of the visit. The applicant may be expected to present their findings at the annual meeting of the society.
- The application must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to travel.
Any enquiries may be made by emailing the NACCSGBI Secretary.